Note: You'll need HubSpot Workflows to set up this integration.
In this article we guide you through the steps needed to connect Trustmary with HubSpot via our native integration. The guide consists of a set of simple steps with screencaptures to make the integration process as easy as possible for you.
Integrating HubSpot to Trustmary opens up possibilities to for example include the NPS gathered with Trustmary to your HubSpot contacts, or to automatically send out feedback surveys to certain HubSpot contacts.
To include this data, the integration creates these custom fields in HubSpot:
Trustmary: Answer URL
1. Click on the Integrations tab
2. Click on the Marketplace link
3. Install the Trustmary app for HubSpot
After clicking Install in the marketplace, you will be redirected to a page where you can select the account you want the app to be installed to.
4. Connect Trustmary to Hubspot
Choose the account you wish to connect to. Note that you might need to log in before this step, if you haven't already.
5. Click on Connect app
Confirm the installation by clicking the Connect app button.
6. Create a workflow in HubSpot
Navigate to Workflows in HubSpot and select Create Workflow.
7. Set up the workflow
Select Start from scratch in the bar on the right, and Contact-based under it. Next, select Blank workflow in the middle and advance to the next screen by clicking Next.
8. Add a workflow step
Click on the plus sign under the trigger section. No need to set up any triggers right now.
9. Scroll down and select Connect to Trustmary
10. Retrieve the API key
Go back to Trustmary, click on your profile and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
11. Click on the Developers tab
Once in the settings, click on the Developers tab on the right.
12. Click on Add new in the API section
You can find the Add new button in the right hand side of the API keys section under the Developers tab.
13. Name the API key
Click Save once you're ready to generate the API key.
14. Copy the API key
You will only see the key once, so make sure you have it saved somewhere.
15. Insert the API key into the connection field in HubSpot
Remember to click Save near the bottom when you're done!
16. Then from the right corner click on the "Review and publish" button
17. And after that you can turn on the workflow by clicking "Turn on"
18. Start testing the connection by clicking Enroll
19. Click on Choose contacts
20. Select the contacts
Click Enroll x Contacts to advance.
21. Navigate to the History tab
Here you should see if the workflow was completed on the contact.
22. Jump back to your survey
Once in the survey, select the Integrations tab. Now you should see the survey's fields that can now be plugged back into HubSpot, when you receive answers.
23. Now we can make the automation for moving contact information to Trustmary
We start by creating new workflow, this is similar than steps 6 and 7. Now add a workflow step by clicking "+".
24. Choose an action "Add to a list in Trustmary"
25. Choose to which list you want the information to be moved
When you have made the decision click "Save" from the bottom.
26. Then we can set up the triggers by clicking "Set up triggers"
27. Choose if contacts can be re-enrolled
You may choose if you allow contacts to be re-enrolled.
28. Specify the triggers you want to use to move connect information to Trustmary
Now choose the filter type you want to use.
After you have chosen which filter type you are using you need to choose the criteria when you want the contact information to be moved (these can vary depending on the filter type).
After these you are able to choose even more criteria for the trigger. When you are done click "Apply filter".
Now you are able to clone the criteria by clicking "Clone" or deleting it by clicking "Delete".
And you are also able to test the criteria with existing contacts by clicking "Test criteria".
When you are done just save the enrollment triggers by clicking "Save" from the bottom.
29. Choose wether you want to enroll existing contacts which meet the criteria or only new contacts which meet the criteria
30. Turn on the workflow by clicking "Turn on"
31. Now the last thing we need to do is enroll one contact to make the automation work
This can be done by clicking "Enroll" from to right corner of the screen
Then choose the manual enrollment "Choose contacts" option.
Now choose the contact you want to enroll. And after that click "Enroll".
Now your automation is working and first contact is enrolled.